We invest in our employees to help them stay healthy and achieve a work-life balance. Our full-time employees become eligible for a comprehensive benefits package on the first of the month following 60 days of employment that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, and more.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Health, dental and vision coverage is provided through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia. The health coverage is a Point of Service (POS) Plan and there are two plans to choose from.
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- This benefit is offered through Employee Benefits Corporation and it allows employees to use pre-tax dollars to pay for certain eligible health care expenses not covered by health, dental or vision, as well as the cost of caring for eligible dependents.
- Paid Time Off
- Employees earn PTO (paid time off) equally per payroll with the cumulated annual amount equaling an employee’s eligibility. New employees are eligible to utilize PTO after 90 days of employment
- Volunteer Time Off
- In an effort to strengthen our culture of service, improve our local communities and provide meaningful leadership opportunities for staff, Georgia’s Own will allow each employee a total of eight volunteer hours off (VTO) in addition to their paid time off.
- Personal Wellness Time Off
- Employees will receive 2 hours of paid time off each quarter to care for personal appointments as it pertains to an employee’s health. The 2 hours is automatically granted at the beginning of each quarter and must be used during the quarter.
- 401(k) Plan
- Employees are enrolled in an Employee Savings Plan provided through Fidelity Investments, which is a long-term savings plan designed to supplement retirement years.
- Life Insurance
- Life insurance coverage is provided at three times an employee’s annual salary rounded to the next higher thousand and is provided through Aetna.
- Long Term Disability and Short Term Disability
- Long term and short term disability is provided to employees as a source of income protection. The coverage is based on the specific plan and years of service and Georgia’s Own pays for the coverage in full.
- Commuter Benefits
- Depending on your work location, employees can choose between receiving discounted mass transit or parking.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Greater Georgia Life provides counseling, education, and referral services on a wide range of issues and topics.
- Employee Discounts
- LifeMart and Blue Cross Blue Shield offer a wide variety of discounts on products and services.
- Employee Financial Services Discounts
- We want to help you achieve financial success. We offer special discounts on several Georgia’s Own financial products and services.
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee can receive education reimbursement for qualified classes up to a maximum of $5,250 per year.
- The Credit Union has a continued commitment to the health and well-being of our employees. There are several events throughout the year that are inclusive of our employee’s mental, emotional, and physical health.
Georgia’s Own Credit Union is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
and reserves the right to amend, modify and cancel any of the above benefits at any time.